From the job description:
Come work with us — the Graduate Center Library is hiring a Data Librarian! The Data Librarian will serve as the library’s expert on the discovery, manipulation, preservation, and publication of research-related data. S/he will work with faculty and students across the disciplines, providing instruction and support for the multifarious forms and roles of data in research and scholarly production.
The Graduate Center Library seeks a Data Librarian to serve as the library’s expert on the discovery, manipulation, preservation, and publication of research-related data. Reporting to the Associate Librarian for Public Services and Scholarly Communication, the Data Librarian will work with faculty and students across the disciplines, providing instruction and support for the multifarious forms and roles of data in research and scholarly production.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Work with faculty and students who require support for research involving data (including but not limited to geospatial, demographic, and economic research), assistance creating and following data management plans required by funding agencies, and/or training in related tools and software.
- Help faculty and students discover, collect, mine, extract, analyze, apply, maintain, secure, curate, display, share, and publish data. Advise about appropriate repositories for selecting and storing data. Support projects involving all kinds of data (GIS, demographic, bibliographic, numerical, text, sound, image, etc.), as well as projects in which data is being digitized from analog sources.
- Offer cross-disciplinary group and one-on-one instruction on topics such as data manipulation and analysis, data management planning, file and citation management, and data visualization.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge about data tools and techniques, and integrate that knowledge into other duties.
- Provide reference service in person, by chat, by email, and by phone.
- Serve as a subject liaison for the social sciences, which includes performing outreach to departments, providing group and one-on-one instruction in research in those fields, analyzing and building collections, and helping researchers self-archive their work in the institutional repository.
- Produce scholarly research and provide academic service in accordance with the library’s tenure and promotion criteria.
- Participate in the training of library staff, interns, and other collaborators.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.